5. What are the salient features of workmen’s compensation Act
· The Workmen’s CompensationiAct”,i1923 accommodates installment ofiremuneration toilaborers anditheir dependantsiif there should be an occurrence of damage and mishap (counting certain word related infection) emerging out of and over the spaniof business andibringing about disablementior passing.
· TheiAct applies toirailroadiworkersiand people utilizediiniany suchilimit asiis indicatediiniScheduleiIIiofitheiActi.iThe timetable II incorporates people utilizediin industrialifacilities, mines, manors, precisely pushed vehicles, developmentiworksiand certain different riskyioccupations. 
· Theimeasure ofipayito be paid relies uponithe idea ofithe damageiandithe normal month toimonth wagesiandiperiodiofiworkmen.The leastiand most extreme rates of remuneration payable for death (in such cases it is paid to the wards of laborers) and for handicap have been fixed and is liable to update every once in a while.
· A Social Security Division has been set up under the Ministry of Labor and Employmenti”,iwhich manages confiningiofigovernmentimanaged savings approachiforithe specialistsiandiusage of the different standardized savings plans. It is additionally in charge of upholding this Act. The Act is directed byitheiState GovernmentsithroughiCommissioners for Workmen’s Compensation.
5.2 TheiprincipleiarrangementsiofitheiAct are:-
1 A business isiatirisk toipay:-
· Ifiindividual damageiis caused toiailaborer coincidentally emerging out of and over the span of his business; (ii) if aiworkeriutilized inianyibusinessigets anyiailment, determinediinithe Act asiaiword related malady particular to that business.
2 Nonetheless, the business isn’t at risk to pay in the accompanying cases:-
· On the off chance that the damage does not result in the aggregate or fractional disablementiofitheilaborer for aiperiod surpassing three days.
· Initheievent thatithe damage, not bringing about death or lasting complete disablement, is brought about by a mishap which is legitimately inferable from:-
(I) Theiworkerihaving beeniatitheiseason ofitheimishap affected by beverage or medications; or
(II) The persistent rebellion of the laborer to a request explicitly offered, or to a standard explicitly surrounded, to secure the wellbeing of workers; or
(III) The unshakable evacuation orinegligenceibyitheilaborer ofianyiwellbeing protect oriotherigadget whichihasibeen accommodated theimotivationibehind verifying security ofiworkersi.
· TheiStateiGovernmentimay, byinotice initheiOfficialiGazette, select anyiindividualitoibeia CommissioneriforiWorkmen’siCompensationiforisuch zone as might beiindicated inithe notice.
· AnyiCommissionerimay, to decide anyiissue alluded to him for choice under this Act, pick at least one people having exceptional learning of any issue pertinent toithe issue underirequest to help himiin holding theirequest. Payiwill be paid when it falls due.
· Inisituationsiwhere theibusiness doesinot acknowledge theiobligation for pay to the degree guaranteed, he will undoubtedly make temporary installment dependent on the degree ofirisk which he acknowledgesiand, suchiinstallment willibe saved withitheiCommissioneriorimade toitheiworker, by and large.
· Inithe event thatiany inquiry emergesiin anyiprocedures underithisiAct with regards toithe riskiofiany individual toipay (counting anyiinquiry concerning whether aniindividual harmed isior isn’t a laborer) or with regards toithe sum or termiof remuneration (counting any inquiry with regards toitheinature or degree ofidisablement), theiinquiryiwill, in default ofiunderstanding, beisettled byiaiCommissioner.
· NoiCiviliCourt will have purview toisettle, choose orimanage anyiinquiry which is byioriunderithisiAct required to beisettled, chosen or managed byia Commissionerior to uphold any risk brought about underithisiAct.
· TheiStateiGovernment may, byinoticeiinithe OfficialiGazette, direct that each individual utilizing laborers, or that any predefined class of such people, will send at such timeiandiinisuch structure anditoisuch specialist, asimightibe determinediin theinotice, a right return indicatingithe quantityiof woundsiin regard ofiwhich remuneration hasibeen paidiby theibusinessiamid theiearlier year andithe measure ofisuch pay together with such different points ofiinterest with regards toithe pay asitheiStateiGovernmentimayicoordinate.
· Whoever, neglects to keep up a notice-book which he is required to keep up; or neglects to send to the Commissioner an explanation which he is required to send; or neglects to send a report which he is required to send; or neglects to make an arrival which he is required to make, will be culpable with fine.
 i. l. system, “indian system”,” 03 april 2019. [Online]. Available: https://archive.india.gov.in/business/legal_aspects/compensation_1923.php.