Project presentation on computer virus
and Antivirus software.
What is a computer virus?
A computer virus is a type of malicious software that, when
executed, replicates itself by modifying other computer
programs and inserting its own code.
Explain three types of computer virus:
Boot Sector Virus- A virus that infects the boost sector of floppy disks or the
master boot record of hard disks
Macro Virus- A virus that is written in macro language
Program Virus- A computer virus that replicates itself by modifying other
computer programs and inserting its own code
10 Computer Viruses
Browser Hijacker- A software that modifies a web browsers
settings without the users permission.
File Infector- infects executable files with the intent to
cause permanent damage or make them unusable.
Macro Virus- A virus that is written in macro language.
Polymorphic Virus- Complicated computer virus that affects
data types and functions.
Multipartite Virus- A virus that infects and spreads in multiple
Direct Action Virus- A virus that starts to work immediately.
Boot Sector Virus- A virus that infects the boost sector of floppy
disks or the master boot record of hard disks
Web Scripting Virus-Breaches your web browser security
Memory Resident Virus- It installs in the memory then infects
FAT Virus-A virus that attacks the file allocation table
What is an AntiVirus Software?
A software that protects your computer from viruses.
What does an Antivirus Software do?
It scans for viruses then removes them from the computer.
10 AntiVirus Softwares
1.BitDefender-$60 a year- Protects your secret passwords while browsing online with password manager. RECOMMENDED
2.Avira Antivirus-$45 a year- Antivirus software and internet security. RECOMMENDED
3.Avast Antivirus-$40 a year-Offers a VPN service, performs well.
4.AVG Antivirus-Free-Able to encrypt your connection and browse anonymously
5.Sophos Antivirus-$34.40 a year-Real time protection, anticipate attacks before they happen
6.Panda Antivirus-$44 a year- Files are scanned on a remote server without using processing power of the user’s machine
7.Amiti Antivirus-Free- Built in real time memory shields
8.Comodo Antivirus-$30 per year- Hands on malware blocking test
9.Microsoft Windows Defenders-Free- Built in antimalware and antivirus protection. RECOMMENDED
10. Check Point ZoneAlarm Antivirus-$15 per year-World’s best firewall solution
Mcafee Vs. Norton Antivirus Software
Features:Mcafee has more features and extra utility than Nordan
Protection- Mcafee received slightly better results than Norton in recent test.
System Impact- Both Mcafee and Norton are equally good in terms of occupying
Interface- Both softwares have equally simple interfaces.
Cost- Norton antivirus is slightly cheaper than Mcafee but Mcafee is available on
Popularity- Mcafee is a more popular antivirus software
1. I learned what a computer virus is and how it works.
2. I learned than a boot sector virus is a virus that infects the boost sector of floppy disks or the master boot record of
3. I learned that a multipartite virus is a virus that spreads in multiple ways.
4. I learned that an antivirus software is a software that protects your computer from viruses.
5. An antivirus software scans and removes viruses from your computer.
6. I learned about different type of antivirus softwares and their prices.
7. A direct action virus is a virus that starts to work immediately.
8. I learned that a web scripting virus is a virus that breaches your web browser security.
9. I learned that there are also free antivirus softwares out there, not just paid ones.
10. File infector infects files with the intent to cause permanent damage or leave them unusable